5.06.2009

I WANT A CAKE

let me just preface this story: jeanine loves to call me on the phone. she thinks it hilarious.


(jeanine=child on the right.)

so she has my phone number memorized. she loves calling me. i love it when she calls me, it is the highlight of my day. literally. its hilarious.

so most of the time i answer. tonight i couldn't because i was at young life. so it went to voicemail. jeanine gets confused by voicemail. i often get 2 minute long voice mails of nothing but african chatter.

sometimes, when all the african kids get together, they give me a little prank call. or if jeanine is on the phone with me, one of them will usually grab it and start chatting.

apparently tonight. john had something in mind. (keep in mind this goes for 41 seconds). picture it in little precious african accents.


jeanine:


hello?


hello?
(african rambling)

OOHGA

yadeezma

HEY
HEY
AYE

ahhhhhh


john:


MARY KATE

i want a cake my name is john
i want a cake and a hamburger (he told me his name was hamburger once, so i keep calling him hamburger)
(blah blah blah. its all an african blur)
I WANT A COOKIE CAKE

click.

i very much wish i could put it up on my blog. because it is the most precious and hilarious thing you've ever heard.

let me just say this: i love my life. these children add so much joy and laughter.



No comments: